WELCOME TO THE U.S.A.R.D. COMPETITION RULES (subject to change)
THIS YEAR, BESIDES INDIVIDUAL SNARE DRUM & RUDIMENTAL BASS DRUM COMPETITION, WE HAVE ADDED ENSEMBLES
THE JUNIOR CATEGORY IS DEFINED AS FOR CONTESTANTS OF AGE 21 OR YOUNGER
The requirements for this year's competition are:
- Breaking down the Long Roll (Double-stroke roll) from open-to-closed-to open
- A drum rudiments based competition snare drum piece with a duration of a minimum of 2 minutes & a maximum of 3 minutes (judging will end after 3 minutes).
Rudimental Bass Drum:
- A drum-rudiments-based competition bass drum piece of approximately 3 minutes duration (judging will end after 3 minutes).
- With this inaugural iteration of having ensemble competition, it will defined as consisting of 2 or more performers.
- Ensembles can include, beside snare and bass drums, marching tenor drums and cymbals, but no mallet percussion.
- The performance duration should be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 4 minutes (judging will end after 4 minutes).
Please Note: The Drums Are Required to Be Marching Type Models (No Concert or Set Drums)
Tentative Schedule for I & E Contests is 11:00 AM, Saturday, April 6th, 2017, Held in the Convention Ball Room of The Gennetti Hotel & Conference Center in Wilkes-Barre, PA.