Army Blues a jazz set-drummer extraordinaire joined by Dominic Cuccia rudimental drummer extraordinaire from the Ancient Colonials. Both attended Wilkes University N.E. Pa.
In the late 1980's, Dominick Cuccia and Steve Fidyk were music majors at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. studying percussion with legend, Robert A. Nowak. Although they were music education majors it was obvious that Dominick's passion was for rudimental drumming and Steve's for drum set would become the journey of a life time! Today both are at the top of their field as musicians and educators.
It is with pride that Dominick and Steve request the honor of presenting a feature clinic at the 2017 U.S.A.R.D. Convention. Topics covered in the presentation are "From Rope Drum to Drum Set" and “Applying Rudiments to the Drum Set in the 21st Century.
* Discuss & demonstrate traditional breakdown of selected rudiments
* Share warm-up/exercise material beneficial to mastering selected rudiments
* Compare & contrast marching approach to drum set
* Development of drum set grooves related to the rudiments
* Share odd meter usage of rudiments
* Perform new work for marching and drum set ensemble
* Conclude w/ "U.S.A.R.D. All-star's" Dominick & Steve joined by a few USARD members and local drummers in attendance)
William McGrath Jr.