USARD 2010 ANNUAL MEETING
APRIL 25 2010 9:00am
Presiding over the meeting
Bill McGrath and Steve Young
Treasurer Joe Gillotti
Secretary Gary Gillotti
Open Remarks by Bill and Steve
General consensus from the Co-Presidents is that the Convention was a
Great Job to Steve Young, Bill McGrath, Charlie Kammer, Joe Gillotti
and others who made the convention a success
Also thanks to Skee Derr for his video work during the Convention.
Special thanks to the performers and clinicians
First item on the Agenda was a brief Treasurers Report
Joe Gillotti stated we had approximately 3000.00 before the convention
Steve said that it looked like after all the expenses we broke even.
Steve said he would have a detailed budget of the Convention by the next meeting,
which included items we sold and the raffle of Nick’s painting and Pin sales
Next meeting has yet to be determined
Bylaws have been tabled until the next Convention
Also open for discussion was the idea to continue with the present structure of co-presidents, a treasurer and a secretary. Motion was made to keep the present structure, voted and passed.
In addition Bettye Earhardt was voted in unanimously as USARD archivist
Under this discussion it was also decided that face-to-face meetings were important. Quarterly meetings were decided, and will resume at the Marconi Lodge, Corning NY
The meeting was opened up to the floor. Many members who attended the Convention
were in attendance.
Subject: Critique the Convention
Steve asked for inputs on the Hotel, majority of people were satisfied. The location of rooms near the banquet hall was convenient. Most agreed that the food was excellent.
Paypal registration seemed to work. Early registration would have been nice. Possibly
next year establish a deadline. Also need a volunteer to help Charlie with the registration
It was brought up that the teaching aspect was great. For example, Nick Attanasio and Mark Reilly and their articulation of their presentations.
Steve opened the Floor to Brainstorming Session: Improvement of USARD
- It was mentioned that a “NARD” type of purpose with a Mission Statement and Create a Vision
- Brought up for USARD as a group perform at MEMC Convention
- Need to encourage young people to join, Competition?
- Someone said they enjoyed the Fifes, would like to see more
- Push to have the “Fort Meyers” boys back (Mark Reilly and crew)
- Need to have Biographies on the Website
- We should get involved with Military Musician’s Monument
- Increase or expand website, recruitment and marketing
- Increase all USARD performances
- Move or rotate the date and location of the Convention, not to conflict with other Drum Corps events
- There was a suggestion to put out a USARD CD
- Have a plan for the wives or girlfriends to attend special events if they would like in the area where the Convention is held
- Idea was brought up to bring drummers from Europe, example Scotland or Switzerland to conduct clinics
- It was brought up for people to bring in Photo Albums to the next Convention
3 items were taken from the brainstorming session to have us work on
- Increase or expand website, recruitment and marketing . Pins, Hats, Shirts and
- Establish Location and date for 2011 Convention
- Increase USARD performances, MEMC, Musters, Alumni events etc.
This wrapped up our Annual meeting. Next Quarterly meeting will be announced on the USARD website and email will be sent to all members.
Gary Gillotti Recording Secretary